Saturday, October 08, 2005

frodo and the jesus freaks

Oh yeah, and I relate most to Frodo. He has that longing for adventure, but is torn between wanting to travel and wanting to be at home in safety. He is scared of danger and hard challenges, but still willing to face them for a higher good. I can identify with being small and scared, and the fact that he wouldn't have survived a single day of his journey without his friends. I am very much a Frodo in many ways, but I haven't quite analyzed him deeply yet. Instinctly I identify. He despises the inhabitants of the Shire but when he is out on his journey he misses them. I would feel that way too was I to live in the Shire.

I didn't get to finish the book yet. It stayed in Prague as I moved on. But I will continue when it turns up again, somewhere else.

Nomadism verses stuck in one place with one group of people... I think God will prepare me. I think travelling might beat me a bit, hopefully, so that studying will be OK. So that I needn't keep moving all the time. I don't want to be tamed, I just want to be at peace in one place... Please God? Help me, will ya?

I am so tired. So incredibly tired. I am hanging out with the Jesus Freaks (no naked butts), but to be honest I'm more wiped out with the Jesus Freaks. I am in need of sleep. Talked with Juran late last night. Tomorrow is a new day. Heading towards Graz and the Klagenfurt I think... Yeah, I know I am worse than an American tourist. But I like trains more than cities...

2 Comments:

Blogger barefoot said...

Somethimes i feel like gollum, that bad isn't it. But yeah I admit it I do maybe I'll alaberate someday on why I feel like that maybe over a cuppa by the see in Edinburgh if you happen that way. Big love. HE will give you rest, HE promises it, HE doesn't lie. x

October 08, 2005 3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all... Erikka, thank you for commenting in my blog. You are a huge encouragement to me, believe it or not.

Second, every time I read your blog I'm hoping to see "next stop: Canada" but alas, I must wait my time. I know you will arrive here eventually, although for the life of me I cannot see how. However; our God is a great and awesome God, through Him all things are possible, yes?

I pray that out there you will find that love that you so desperately seek: it is with you all along. You may not have that physical touch, but God's comfort goes so much deeper that it gives peace and joy even under the most hideous of cercumstances. Cling always to Him, for all else shall fall away.

Lastly... I have all the Lord of the Rings books plus five or six of the books surrounding (okay... I have 14 of the 22 books... still), and when you arrive here, you may read them to your heart's conent.

But, in your travels, finding yourself without The Fellowship of the Ring, turn to Exodus. Imagine how Moses must have felt, leading out hundreds of thousands, even millions of people out, out to a land none of them had ever seen. Observe how many trials and questions He and they faced along the way. But God takes care of them, does he not?

October 09, 2005 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home