Tuesday, October 04, 2005

the important business of doing nothing (but I do play with kids)

I am blog cheating today. I am doing a copy and paste out of a letter I wrote to a dear brother. But sometimes I write things to friends and realise I'd like to share it with others, too...

"I am reading The Fellowship of The Ring for the first time. I was thinking about two important things yesterday. I must be drawing closer to God because the two things that usually cause me pain are now giving me peace. Beauty and travellers. I have spent a lot of time in my life being drawn to beautiful places, but when I have seen something beautiful it has torn at my heart. And I have been drawn to men like Strider, constant travellers, but when I haven't been able to tame them, or hold on to them, they have caused me pain and grief. Today it seems like that is slowly changing. I long to meet people like Strider. To love and to learn from them, to see them move on and out of view, maybe to return for rest and a cup of tea at times before moving on again.

I am noticing that as I see the beauty in nature I feel love and peace, instead of that painful tearing at my heart by something too overwhelming to comprehend. It is as if the beauty outside of me is coming in harmony with something inside of me. "

So, I am still in Prague, resting, praying, reading, eating, sleeping and meeting people. I am not sure where God wants me to go, but major things are happening inside of me and concerning my future, so all is well.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gandalf will always be my favorite character. Although I relate the most with Stryder.

October 05, 2005 4:14 PM  
Blogger krister said...

I relate the most to Pippin. Very small, but getting himself mixed up in the much bigger picture =)
Glad to hear you're good! Looking forward to hear about your future escapades...

October 06, 2005 8:30 AM  
Blogger pine-cones said...

blog cheating, or "bleating". ha ha ah ahahahahaha ahahaha ahha ha

October 11, 2005 5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home