Monday, September 12, 2005

departure date fixed

I am leaving Friday. I think I will take a bus to Ulricehamn, which lays a few hours from here, if God doesn't find another way for me to get there. I will be meeting a very good friend of mine, David Norén, and the new congregation he is pastoring. I am very much at peace in my heart with the way this is going. I have no idea how long I will stay in Ulricehamn, probably a few days, and then that will be my starting point.

I have started packing. Washing clothes and packing them. As few as possible suitable for the Swedish cold weather and the southern warmth later on. I hate being cold. I easily get hypothermia. I have long johns and layer upon layer clothes to keep me warm. I am bringing a sleeping mat in case I have to sleep in cold places. I wish I didn't have to carry it around but if I'm left to sleep outside it might save my life or at least my health...

I am really happy. I am on my way very soon! And I am glad my parents have stopped crying and yelling and telling me I will get raped and killed and in various ways scattered across the German Autobahn. I am glad my Dad has settled for telling me not be to proud to call home and my Mum has given me her fleece jacket and asked if I packed wool socks and thermo underwear.

I am finally going. I have a date booked, I am going on Friday. I am so happy... God you are awesome!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger whitney said...

oh joy i am so glad to have found your blog i didn't know you had one. ahh. i just really love you erikka. i do pray everyday for you. i know your trip will be awesome. you truly are beloved. Lord bless you and give you many new weapons with instructions and lots of beautiful places to perch yourself on. i see Him giving you a reallly warm beautifyl cloak to wear. bless you
whitney

September 13, 2005 7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Erikka! Good to hear you are finally going! This is exciting!

September 13, 2005 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home