Friday, October 21, 2005

me and my cousin

I spent a night in Genève, with a lady from Church for the nations. Walked down the street wondering where to go, and saw the sign for a Church, met a man who had the key for it and gave me tea and bread, joined there Wednesday evening service and got a place to stay for the night.

At one in the afternoon I went to the train station to catch a train to Lyon to meet my cousin at 16:30. The train was wickedly expensive so I ended up going ot the airport, getting a lift with a woman from the parking house exit, and arriving 5 km from my cousins house in the middle of nowhere, an hour from Lyon, after getting 6 more lifts with other people.

The first bit of catching up with my cousin was done on the phone.
Me: Just don't worry about me, I will be fine, and you needen't go past the train station and pick me up. Just give me your address, and I'll get there.
Sarah: You won't, it's not even a village, it's in the middle of nowhere, and I really don't want to pick you up at night from God knows where!
Me: I'm telling you, I will be fine. This is how I travel, OK?
Sarah: Well, I have four kids in the car, and I am alone tonight, and I really don't want to pick you up late at night!!!

Anyways, had she trusted my word for it, she hadn't needed to worry. God always provides a place to sleep or a way to get there. I called her 45 minutes after she got back from Lyon, and told her I was 5 km from her home... She was mightily impressed, and we had a very good laugh at our conversation on the phone. At least we covered a lot of information in just two sentences... "This is how I travel" and "I have four kids"...

Taize on Sunday.

2 Comments:

Blogger pine-cones said...

Hej Erikka, i just read your walking song and like it! Glad to see two ways of life can accomodate each other in Lyon. How is your staff doing these days?

October 21, 2005 7:51 AM  
Blogger Aurora said...

Erikka,
Just stopping in to say I love you, and love reading about the adventures God has you on! "Blessed are those who come in the name of the Lord!"
"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring Good News"
yeah. Love you.

October 21, 2005 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home