Wednesday, August 31, 2005

quotes

I must quote two of my dearest friends. They make my day. Actually, with these quotes they've made my week. If everything I ever wrote served only the purpose of creating memorable quotes from my friends, it would be worth it for words like these...

" Maybe your state of mind lets you see things in a totally different light than others. Maybe it just lets you say what everyone else sees too, but are to weak and scared to say out loud. Maybe your honesty is your greatest attraction and the most sexy thing about you. Maybe you deserve to have a man at your beck and call for reasons you may not understand. Maybe you have a power that you do not fully understand. Maybe you were right on all accounts. Maybe you are on glue. " Nathan Joosten

" You must be bored silly with my discussions of floods and cows and movies and horses because your mind is so complicated it makes Leonard Cohen's lyrics sound like nursery rhymes. " Marilyn Halvorson

By the way, Marilyn, you could never make me bored with anything you write. On the contrary, your letters are and will always be a highlight in my life, which any one who has seen me receive them would be able to guarantee...

2 Comments:

Blogger Le said...

EXCELLENT in every way! The trip will work out perfectly...once I had to deplete my trip savings, and 20 minutes after I said "God, now what--I thought You wanted me to go..." a check came that was more than enough! He will provide! Be blessed and keep sharing! You have an awesome heart.

August 31, 2005 11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leonard Cohen is funny.

Shocked that I know who he is? A lowly boy from Alberta, Canada? YOU SHOULD BE! Moi ha ha ha.

I blame it on Jessica. She's Dutch. It's her fault.

Anyways, Erikka, your blog provides much thought and amusment, as always. Don't let me forget to reply to your email, either.

I also miss the game.

August 31, 2005 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home