Saturday, August 16, 2008

pulse of love

Welcome to our house in Lund!

We have a garden. A fireplace. And we are soon about to plant roses.

Roots growing deep. Love is all around. I can feel its pulse in everything around me.

Love yourself. Love every freakin' inch of yourself. Love your body. Love your mind. Love your mistakes, your weaknesses, your tears. Love is so important that it can't be waited with. We can't wait another second with beginning to love ourselves. Loving ourselves to the extent that we forget ourselves because we are so ful of joy and love and contentment. When we love ourselves to the extent of wanting to dance naked in the garden we find the love that frees us. And others. And ultimatly the world.

Love is more than acceptance, but it starts with the full acceptance of this being me. This body; these hands, these feet, this belly, these breasts, this cunt, these eyes, this hair is a celebration of life! This is me. And this me is made from pure love. This is the mystery of life. It is the foundation I am created on. It is the gift and terrifying truth of my mere existence.

I believe in a world where people speak with eachother, and understand one another. Where people share possessions and thoughts, homes and lives. I believe in a world where people are free, in body mind and spirit. It isn't here yet. But it is a little bit closer for every person who believes in the right to love oneself as we love others.

(thankyou for your inspiration, bell hooks)


2 Comments:

Blogger naomi m said...

lots to learn from bell hooks. have you come across 'the face of the deep' by Catherine Keller? i wonder if you would like it..

August 19, 2008 2:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BE LOVE

August 21, 2008 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home