Wednesday, December 26, 2007

the wild north

Back in the North. Snow and ice and freezing cold. Why the heck do I love Kiruna?

Yesterday I saw the Ice Hotel, which is exactly what it is called. Made entirely out of ice. Very beautiful.
Today we saw reindeers and went for a scooter ride in the snow. Tomorrow we are going playing in the ski hill, in garbage bags...

I have finally met the sami people. I admire survivors. To me it seems, that if you know the mountains and the reindeers you have all you need in life.

I am longing for the summer and hiking across the mountains. We will join the sami as they gather up all the reindeers for the summer branding and counting. They won't brand them as with cattle, but cut their ears instead. Each person in the family has their own mark so the reindeers can be recognized as they run free in the mountains. It seems our honey moon will be fantastic! Oh, yes... I am getting married.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're getting married?!
anneleen

December 27, 2007 3:42 PM  
Blogger LadyLoor said...

You to getting married???
Guessed i missed something:D.
I am getting married in the summer too.
Hope you´re fine:D.

MVH catrine

January 17, 2008 6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.... that is so cool... and i am jealous of your adventures with the sami.... that is a dream of mine... what amazing people....

can i send you a wedding gift?

whitney

January 26, 2008 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home