Friday, July 25, 2008

wedding pictures

Me and my bridesmaids... Mirja, Sofie, me and Lina

Sorry for not writing for ages! The last months before the wedding were quite crazy... But now we are happily married! And back from our wedding trip in the Swedish mountains!



The dress was finished the day before the wedding... thanks to Mirja and her Mum, and a seamstress who helped us the last three weeks. Mirjas Mum did all the embroideries (and worked day and night for weeks). Warning: If you ever find a picture of a beautiful dress on the internet, but don't have a pattern for making it, think twice about asking your best friends to make it... it might be the hardest work they ever do!



Many friends helped us with preparations (more than helped! Made the whole day work!) Here my bridesmaid Lina, and my friend Nathan from Canada. Even the forest helped...

... when going to look for trees to decorate the barn with, we literally ran into a tree in the middle fo the road! It hadn't been there the day before, but it might have heard us talking about the wedding... Yvonne, from Canada, turned out being great at cutting tree branches.




Lina, Mirja, my Dad, my Mum, me, my husband Joakim, his mother and his father, and Sofie.


Me.


Me with family and bridesmaids.




Our frist dance... We got ready to waltz... and then came "Is it medicine" by The knife.



Me, Sofie and Lina.



Best part of the wedding ceremony...




Waiting for non-alcoholic champagne...




Joakim Pettersson and Erikka Chapman, happily married...
Welcome to Lund to visit us! We share a house with friends, and have a garden, a fire place and a guest room!
I can now be found on Facebook (but I'm not online all that often...)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home