Monday, January 16, 2006

my blog seems to be napping a lot

I keep going online to write on my blog and then I change my mind because I can't find the words.

I am in a serious process of working through some theology and heart issues and battling with this and that and reading books and having long daily devotions. And it all centres around how the Catholic monestery life can teach me how to give up more of myself for the sake of others and to live more freely in the love of Christ.

It is hard and painful some days, but full of joyous tears and revelations too. What I really need to discover more is that I cannot win God's love nor deserve it, but that the fact that I don't deserve it doesn't mean that I should refuse it!

I think you should all come and visit me, everyone who happens to read this right now. Hugs!

3 Comments:

Blogger whitney said...

totally unrelated but i finally figured out how to send pictures via email. could you send me your email again and i will finally send those shetland pics. sorry it has taken me ages. oh and we are moving to scotland by may. hee hee. we are so excited.
whitney

January 16, 2006 8:15 PM  
Blogger pine-cones said...

i hope one day you can set up a special monastery for people who wouldn't otherwise go to one. or is that why you are inviting people to the wondercottage now? :)

welcome to scotland whitney! (soon!)

January 17, 2006 8:51 AM  
Blogger krister said...

Wouldn't mind popping over... What is our good friend Halldorf teachiong you these days. Reading one of his early books. Very different from his desert fathers period... Ah. The blessing and curse of christian books.

January 18, 2006 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home