Tuesday, December 13, 2005

the swedish light

I never knew what makes Swedish winters so special. I never realized that the mysterious light comes from the sun never quite leaving the horizon, which gives a peculiar side light effect all day long. My home country is cold and very dark. As I wake up it feels like it's already evening: midday never comes. But the physical coldness is compensated by the warmness of seeing my family again. It feels like home. It never used to feel like home, but for every time I come home it gets more and more like home. I love my parents, they rock. Even though my Dad just tried to kill himself with plywood by standing underneath it while screwing it to the ceiling.

My days are full. I have started running. I never used to be able to run. Yeey for the benefits of pilgrimages! I have got my skirt. The skirt I dreamt of all the way to Santiago. A normal skirt for every day use, that makes me look feminine and slim. Yeey for the benefits of pilgrimages! I need to go cook. In a kitchen with utensils. Yeey for the benefits of being home again...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds really lovely. you shall have to show me around someday.

whitney

December 14, 2005 9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You haven't replied to my email! Bad! Bad Erikka!

December 15, 2005 12:06 PM  
Blogger :::anna::: said...

Oh, sweetest pilgrim sister! I´m so glad that you´re home, safe, and happy to be home:) And you even found your skirt?? The one I´ve heard about through half of Galicia? I`m so impressed!!!

December 17, 2005 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home