Monday, November 21, 2005

I did receive more Italians in my life

I am now in Leon.

I must say that the most amazing thing about this trip is meeting all these gorgeous, lovely, adventureous, fabulous men!


Last evening was spent in a long conversation-partly in song and prayer- with an Italian photographer from Milano. I got a new recipy for tortelli I need to try out. I also got the answer to what my heart has been talking about for awhile. I have known that my next pilgrimage must have something to do with St Francesco (St Francis) but didn't quite know in which way. Well, it's obvious isn't it? I must complete my dream of going to Italy, and I must walk from the northern part of Italy down to Assisi! It is so obvious and I never realized. Such is the mystery of life. It won't be a very long walk, but I can always make it longer by throwing in Rome, or maybe walking all the way down to Sicilia...

I am going to sleep for a few hours, then find a supermarket (didn't find one last time!) and then see what to do with my evening. No more Italians around for the day, but I suppose I will run into Andrea again tomorrow. He really couldn't see the point of the Swedish pancake party we pilgrims are planning, but I guess an Italian wouldn't. But as they do get every other necessary part of cooking, we can forgive them for not loving pancakes, can't we? Australians don't mind a Swedish pancake party, and Joe is back soon enough, so all will be well. Well, apart from the fact that Joe will tell me that Australian pancakes are bigger, fatter, better, more pancaky...

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

and yes walking through Italy is an important thing to do, keep me posted.
so am not good at leaving comments, but I've been really enjoying following your story,
walk on..

November 21, 2005 6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home