Wednesday, April 05, 2006

life lesson #me

I am being taught by life and God to love myself. It seems this is a choice I have to make, and learn to practice. I am practicing it by doing to myself what I do to others I choose to love. I smile at myself. I tell myself I love me. I make nice, really superhealthy food with fresh vegetables, and go jogging, and tanning and taking care of my body. I place my hand on my skin and pray light and life and love in to myself, just as I do when I hug my friends... It's not as hard as it has been. It's getting easier. The hard thing is to allow myself to love myself. I feel a bit guilty, and very selfish. My only comfort is the thought that I can't love others without loving myself... And I live to love others! But I sure don't want to run short of love, and as love is somethign that grows the more you practice it, I am currently praticing loving myself...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I really was touched by what you wrote here. I heard God talking to me through it about continuing to let Him teach me to love myself.

Good to hear that truth from you.

Thanks!
Shannon

April 07, 2006 9:49 AM  
Blogger whitney said...

you are lovely and loved!!!

April 10, 2006 8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should visit my new blog, my good-natured friend.

April 24, 2006 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home