Sunday, March 05, 2006

finding peace in the weekly chaos

The key seems to be some kind of structure, and the Sabbath is probably one of God's more brilliant ideas. Such a simple thing as one day a week just spent in his presence, in Church, walking through the snow, drinking tea, praying with friends. My so turbulent and chaotic life has suddenly got a foundation of peace, centred around one day a week that's God's and mine.

I am now a Sunday school leader for the small children and one of the youth workers on Friday nights in Church. My fellowship and community has been a loose network of friends scattered across the world and suddenly I am part of a traditional Church. It is a challenge and a growing place all at once.

I am actually settled for the next few months, until July, and it feels really strange to have a weekly routine. But then again, after July my future is completely unplanned, so that is as it always is... Scotland? Lord, do I get to finally go to Scotland?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home